The KRP-150FR is insulated and rated by Underwriters Laboratories for 1.5 hour” B” label in walls, and may be used in a 2 hour fire rated wall assembly. Additionaly, Warnock Hersey rated the KRP- l 50FR for 3 hours in ceilings.
1. Frame shall be 16 gage steel.
2. Door shall be 20 gage steel, welded pan type.
3. Flange shall be 16 gage steel, I” wide.
4. Hinge shall be exposed, continuous piano hinge.
5. Door shall be filled with 2″ thick fire rated insulation.
6. Door shall have automatic closure, be self-latching, and contain interior latch release.
7. Latches shall be spring loaded sliding bolt type, keyed paddle latch, all keyed alike. Door can be prepared for a rim cylinder lock.
8. Finish shall be prime coat of rust inhibitive electrostatic powder, baked enamel. Stainless steel doors shall have #4 satin finish.
FIRE RATED ACCESS DOOR INSTALL IN SHEET ROCK, MASENRY, TILE OR PLASTER.
Note: For installation in 3 hour ceiling system, on sizes 16″ x 16″ and larger, extra spring supplied with door must be attached from back of door pan to framing of floor above in such a manner as to insure that a door is self-closing.