Stainless Steel Access Panel – General scope
Our Stainless Steel Access Panels are manufactured by Karp Associates, Inc., Melville, N.Y. – Type DSC-2 l 4M.
Sizes shall be as indicated on the drawings.
For areas exposed to high heat conditions, fire, or high-impact situations, the stainless steel access panel is very useful. Steel is typically a very efficient material when being installed near generators, HVAC and electrical systems. This panel can be designed for flush installation in block or tile, drywall, walls, and ceilings.
Our stainless steel access doors can be installed in a wide variety of areas in buildings where they are required.
Choosing the right access panel will be very useful in case of fire outbreaks. When making a product choice, always refer to standards from the National Fire Protection Association to figure out what panel works best for a given area.
1. Frame shall be 16 gage steel and door shall be 14 gage steel.
2. Flange of frame shall be one-piece construction, 1.00″ wide.
3. Door and trim shall have radius comers.
4. Hinge shall be pin type, spring loaded malting door removable.
5. Locks shall be flush and screwdriver operated with steel can and studs, or shall be key operated cylinder lock with automatic dust shutter.
6. Masonry anchor straps can be included on frames if specified.
7. Finish shall be prime coat of rust inhibitive electrostatic powder, baked white enamel. Stainless steel shall have No. 4 satin polish finish.
*When hinge side is greater than 48″, door shall have a continuous piano hinge for rigidity.
Still can’t find the right access door for your construction project? Check out what we have to offer at Accurate Door & Hardware. Our products are made affordable for our valued clients like you! Order online today.